TokenWorks represents our efforts to provide token based
solutions using smart card, magnetic card, and contactless card
technologies. Many card based systems have much in
common, but differ in the card technology. Therefore the term
token is pertinent to all systems. The term works
conveys an image of a foundry or factory where products are
brought to life. Below is how Webster defines both terms.
- Something serving as an indication, proof,
or expression of something else.
- A distinguishing feature or
- Something that signifies or evidences
authority, validity, or identity: The scepter is a token of
- A piece of stamped metal used as a
substitute for currency: subway tokens.
Works - (wūrks)
- (used with a sing. or pl. verb) A
factory, plant, or similar building or complex of buildings where a
specific type of business or industry is carried on. Often used in
combination: a steelworks.
- Internal mechanism: the works of a watch.
The output of a writer, artist, or musician considered or collected as
a whole: the works of Shakespeare.
- Engineering structures, such as bridges or